You don’t need your dentist in Cincinnati, OH, to tell you that flossing is important—really important…if you want to keep your teeth and gums healthy. So let’s take a minute to talk about the benefits of flossing, as well as the different floss available, so you can make an educated decision about which type of floss is right for you.
The Benefits of Flossing
Here are the main benefits of flossing.
- It helps remove plaque, tartar, and food particles between your teeth and away from your gum line, which are the places your toothbrush can’t reach.
- Reduces your risk of developing cavities.
- Helps prevent gingivitis, periodontitis, and red, sore, puffy gums.
- Flossing helps reduce the bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Good dental hygiene is also known to benefit your heart health.
How Many Times a Day Should You Floss?
Along with regular dental appointments and teeth cleaning in Cincinnati, OH, it’s recommended that you floss your teeth once a day. Over-flossing can cause other dental problems, such as damaging your gums.
Which Type of Floss Is Right for You?
There are several different types of floss. Your dentist will be able to help you decide which type is right for you.
- Waxed and unwaxed thread floss is the most commonly used types of floss.
- Floss picks are perfect for traveling and flossing while on the go.
- Water flossers use water pressure to flush out any food debris from between your teeth.
- Air flossers use air pressure to blow food and other debris from between your teeth.
If you are searching for a dentist in Cincinnati, OH, Contact Kemper Meadow Family Dentistry. We are committed to providing you and your family with the highest quality dental care in a professional, friendly, and comfortable environment.